Monday 7 January 2013

Day 7 - Your Favourite Ribbon Won at a Show

I don't have many ribbons - just a handful from school gymkhanas as a kid and my blue ribbon that Allie and I won.

My first few shows while waiting for my papers I became aware that I was competing against a bunch of 12 year old girls. This was at preliminary, which is walk trot canter. They were on their well schooled horses that didn't put a foot wrong and I was on my baby green mare that was wiggly and wormy and in whom I couldn't be sure she would even pick up the canter, let alone pick up the correct lead and look through and balanced doing it.

There was this one girl who was a snot. She got three blue's and she just handed them to her mother without even looking pleased. Her friends congratulated her and she made a comment about not brig happy enough because she got a second.

ANYWAY my trainer told me I should enter Allie into a couple of prep tests so she could gain some confidence. Prep is walk trot only. Against 12 year olds. And I had a caller (in the effort of full disclosure lol!).

And we won! We got over 70% and I couldn't have been more pleased. I don't care if it was a prep test, I don't care if we beat 12 year olds to do it, we got a blue and they can't take that away from us :p

No comments: