Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 16- Your most recent fall

I really don't want to write this post - I'm a little superstitious and this post comes with a BIG knock on wood!

I honestly think my last fall was off Gracie (of course!). It was a couple of years ago and I was schooling her for Nat in the bottom paddock. A truck went past and she scooted and bolted. I tried pulling her up and she just put her head between her knees and bronc'ed out! I bailed (I almost always bail when I know I'm going to fall) and wasn't hurt thank heavens. I was SO CRANKY with her though. I got straight back on and set her to work!

Look at her - butter wouldn't melt in her mouth:



1 comment:

Adventures of the Super Ponies said...

This is a scary post. I have just been thinking about when my last fall was. Sometimes if I go too logn I wish I could just fall so I remember it isn't that bad. My mind makes it into a big deal. And I am past 30 now so I don't bounce as well. I am sure I will be able to list many falls by the end of the year. I highly doubt I will get out of starting a horse unscathed.