|Hayley and Allie finishing a bounce.|
Tuesday, 29 December 2015
Thursday, 24 December 2015
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, whatever you celebrate, I'm wishing you a good one!
This year was tough. The toughest year I think I've ever lived through, thanks to this little cherub. Tough, but good.
Eat lots, drink almost too much, and hug your loved ones.
Tuesday, 22 December 2015
It's 4.47. That's 17 minutes you've been trying to catch your horse. Oh, no, that's fine! Just turn up the minute your appointment starts so that your horse picks up on your rushy-rushy mood and decided he doesn't want a part of that, thank-you-very-much. I've got all the time in the world.
Also, yay for muddy feet, muddy legs, muddy bellies. Big heavy wet canvas rugs left on to drip all over me are fun too.
Oh, your horse doesn't know how to stand up? And he likes to lean and kick and bite? Thanks for telling me that BEFORE I started trimming.
Wednesday, 9 December 2015
- I've kept her in work 5 days a week for the last three weeks. This has been no small feat and my poor baby has gotten a bit of Peppa Pig screen time while she waits for me to finish schooling.
- We have even been off-property 3 times in the last two weeks!
- I bought 10 poles and I've painted them. I also dug out my old cavaletti/jump wings. Since I've brought them to the paddock we have had a few jump schools and I have to say we are doing better than I expected.
- I finally cleaned the float. That thing was a mess of cobwebs. So glad it's done.
- I've started organising jumping lessons. I've given up on the idea of sending her away to someone to start her. I'm going to do it, under supervision from a coach.
- I've organised a part lease on her. I can't keep her in work 5 or 6 days a week all year around, especially with uni and work starting up in February. The girl is 14 years old and is quite a good rider. She has had a couple of rides on Allie now and they get along really well. I'm hopeful that the pair will be able to go to a few shows and lessons together in exchange for keeping her in work for me 2-3 days a week.