- The bank won't finance the 10 acres because it has power lines. So that's a no. :(
- After the dentist I changed up her diet and it's not agreeing with her. She's holding weight well but she's a fricking psycho to ride lately. So it's back to the drawing board.
- Allie was clipped about 6 weeks ago and has been a shit ever since. It's like a clipped her good off.
- Saddle fit was checked and we decided not to reflock yet, however the saddle fitter did give me some panels to insert under the dressage saddle to help tip the back up a bit. I'll have a friend of mine sew pockets into my saddle cloths to accomodate the panels I think.
- one day a couple of weeks ago, all the stars aligned - Evie was napping in the car, Allie was in a good mood, and I got in the saddle. Immediately I knew something was wrong and hopped off to find this:
|This is her crappy unbalanced hind, you know the one where she broke the cannon bone years ago? Yeah. That one.|
- the whole time she was lame from the pseudo-abscess, she was still galloping around like a maniac every time I tried to separate her to feed her and she jumped the fence three damn times trying to return to the herd instead of eating. FFS horse!
- she's sound now
- so of course I have booked us in to do an 80cm derby in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck (that I don't break my neck and die).
That's about it. Apologies for this shitty, terribly written shitpost.