So I've come to the end of our first year eventing. I think it's time to set out some goals for next year
I want to compete at novice, so we need to get the following stuff sorted:
- perfect leg yields
- get lengthens in trot and canter
- perfect simple changes
- get counter canter
We also both need to learn how to ride with spurs on. I've got a pair of short shank spurs coming, and I'm hoping Linda will help me to learn how to use them to get her a bit more active off the leg, and to use them for more precise leg aids.
- get confident jumping 95cm xc jumps (but stay competing at 80cm)
- work on the perfect showjumping round! Forward, in front of the leg.
- get flying changes for showjumping and xc (simple changes take up precious time!)
- place in the top 8 at at least 1 comp. (This one is a bit of a pipe dream, but I think we are capable).
We've got a busy 2017 ahead of us!!