Monday 30 June 2014

Life Outside

While we wait patiently (very, very bloody  patiently) for Allie to heal and stop having complications (after the bleeding nose, this week we have a poor appetite and possible cold! Yay) I bring to you:

Life Outside Odontoma Land

1) I got my uni results for the first term back. I got a distinction in Chemistry and a credit in Intro to Equine Science. I'm so chuffed with the chem result!! It is SO HARD! Next semester: Animal Anatomy and Physiology. :)

2) Andrew and I moved into our new house over the weekend! It is a little terrace place with a tiny backyard but 4 huge bedrooms, 3 balconies and 2.5 bathrooms. It is MUCH NICER than living in the box that is my mother's garage. We were there for 15 months and let me tell you, it was NOT FUN. However, it is 20 minutes away from Allie instead of 5. :(

3) My new job (same company though) is going well. My new team are all animal people so I am getting a lot of understanding from them about the whole Allie thing what with regular vet visits and stress and crying at work in the bathroom etc etc. I don't know how I would have been able to do it all with my last boss (who I did generally love working for) as he often said when I had to take Allie to the vet: "can't you schedule these things outside of work hours? I would understand if it were a child, but it's just a horse" BOO HISS.

4) I'm back trimming a very tiny amount of horses. Just a couple of case studies and some owner trimmer lessons at this stage.

That is about it really.

No comments: