Monday 11 August 2014

It's Time

Do you all remember by little Chakra? My beautiful little staffy that had cancer and was put to sleep almost three years ago? Gosh I miss that dog still, like crazy.








My heart has healed enough now that I think I am ready for a new puppy to enter my life. For the longest time I didn't want another dog - I just wanted her. Plus Andrew had excuse after excuse for me (we have too many cats, we will get a dog when we buy a house, we are now having a baby blah blah blah) but he has finally agreed that he can not keep stalling me.

So I have contacted a rescue to help me find a staffy or staffy cross puppy to be our family dog. Two possibilities at this stage - cute Xena or handsome little Joey. The adoption lady is speaking with the carers over the next few days regarding the cat situation, then hopefully we may set up a meet and greet.

I want a puppy because a) I can't deal with the heartbreak of the shorter years I would have with an older dog like I did with Chakra (whom I rescued at 8 years old and died at 13 I think?) and b) the cats will be able to lord it over a young dog easier than an older one I think. :P

I am really excited to welcome a new dog into my life. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Aw, so exciting!

Dom said...

How exciting! Can't wait to 'meet' the new guy or gal <3