Monday 7 April 2014

CT Scan Day...


She only weighed 465kg. Not skinny, but needs some weight on for sure.

She had the scan today. I am exhausted and can barely function, so a cross post from Facebook will have to do for now.

Had the biggest day in a very long time today.
Allie went in for her CT scan - while the tumour is still a tumour, it seems to be out of the way of some very very important structures (mostly the infraorbital nerve). There may be a small infection in one tooth which means that the tooth may or may not need to come out.
I still need to talk to Christine, my vet in Sydney (CT scan was in Wagga) but I am hopeful that we are going to surgery with minimal complications.
Meanwhile I spent nearly ALL DAY trying not to burst into tears during two rather difficult chemistry lab pracs. I just.don't.get.it. The maths is really hard to wrap my head around!!

Poor pony mare. :(

The actual procedure went well - she was only out for 30 minutes, recovered well and quickly. The bandage is for her catheter that was removed.

2 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Sounds like good news overall!

Adventures of the Super Ponies said...

Thinking of you. My heart goes out to you and Allie.