Saturday 10 December 2011

Saving Argus

I have been following a blog for a long time - I can't remember how I found it, but it is about a rescue horse called Argus and his new owner's efforts in giving him everything he deserves in life after spending I think 14 years in a tiny prison. It was one of the very first blogs that I followed. Katie hasn't been posting much of late, but when she does I enjoy hearing about Argus and his quiet, horsey life.

Today though, a post about not only Argus' death, but the death of her other horse too, Ridge. On the same day. One after the other.

I am totally heartbroken for her. To loose not one, but two horses? To go through that pain and grief and tragedy but twofold? I can not begin to process that kind of pain.

Please head over and leave a few kind words for Katie. For all of us when we go through that dark time, when the kindness of strangers means the world.

http://savingargus.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Karen said...

I had been following this blog too and was so heartbroken to hear of Argus and then Ridge. I can't even imagine.

Jess said...

I can't believe this. Saving Argus was the first blog I ever read. So, so tragic.