Wednesday 25 March 2015

Learning and Waiting

Evie is 16 days old today. I've mostly just been learning how to be a mum.

It's funny how when we go on walks I am on the lookout for hazards. I would throw myself in front of a bus for her.

She's doing really well. Sleeps fairly well, settles fairly easily. Breastfeeds like a champ (go my boobies!! At least they work right!). She's covered in baby acne at the moment though, poor child.

We have started doing feedups again. Allie is fat and getting hairy and is in dire need of a wash with some quit itch as she is scrubbing her mane and tail out. :(

I'm really looking forward to being able yo ride again when Evie is 6 weeks. Linda offered to put 2 weeks under saddle on Allie for me (as a baby present LOL) before I get on her again. I'll take her up on it, for sure. Allie needs it and it will be nice to get back onto a semi-schooled horse. :)

That's about it really!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So beautiful! congrats :)

Val said...

Congratulations on the beginning of your nursing journey! I am still nursing my Sweet Pea at 22 months and it is wonderful.