Sunday 22 February 2015

Still Pregnant.

Life just keeps trundling along. Pregnancy is getting harder and harder and harder by the hour. I'm 39 weeks and 3 days today. Due next Thursday.

I don't get up to much these days. Generally, I drag myself out of bed, drive to feed the horses, come home and nap all day on the lounge with the cats and the dog until Andrew gets home and then we have dinner and I attempt to sleep in my bed (which doesn't really work much).

Allie is doing OK on the herbs. Her nose seems less gunky but it is still smelly from the last infection. I'm giving these herbs time to work - really what else can I do? At least she is eating everything (with about 50mL of molasses a day to help).

Natalie rode Allie last weekend. Allie was really good for her - tried really hard. There was no coughing (yay!) and while unfit, she didn't have any issues breathing. You can tell the horse wants more interaction, seems to want a job to do. I'll pop a couple of photos at the end of this post.

Other than that, I'm just preparing mentally for this kid to finally come along, preparing to finally get my body back (at least partially). I'm trying not to think about the big Bowker hoof conference going on at this very moment in Mt Bulla where I am desperate to be, with all my hoof nerd friends talking about feet and learning all about the latest and greatest research and findings. And I'm trying not to feel guilty about missing out on that stuff.

Hopefully next update with have squishy baby photos. We can only hope.

2 comments:

Funder said...

Soon! I know how you feel...

TeresaA said...

hang in there! the baby will be along soon enough. :)