Sunday 14 September 2014

We rode Allie today!!! She was super forward, quite rushy, but tried super hard and listened. She had a lunge first, then we hopped on.

Natalie rode first, just walk and trot. When she was listening to Nat, I hopped on. It felt amazing to sit in the saddle again.

After I did a little toodling around, we got Gracie out and went for a little walk/trot up the back. We found a dam that wasn't muddy around the edges and let them have a play. Gracie rolled and I laughed my arse off at Natalie with her wet boot! Then, after a while, Allie stopped pawing the water and she rolled too! I had to hop off, and the witch refused to get up out of the water! Eventually she was done, my saddle was muddy, my socks were wet and we were both laughing in stitches. It was like in the old days when we were kids. We did some trot sets through the water for about 5 mins, then headed back home.

Both girls got a wash, my saddle had a quick clean, and now I'm exhausted but so happy.

Have some crappy video stills from my phone.

I am ENORMOUS. I'm in the white shirt. Nat's in the blue.

1 comment:

Adventures of the Super Ponies said...

You look great. Kudos to you for keeping up with riding. Your ride sounds so fun. It's just the kind of trail ride I love.