Wednesday 11 December 2013

Follow Up Vet Visit

Very quickly - turns out the cause of the stress fracture was suspensory ligament damage! The suspensory up high on that leg is a bit messy and quite a bit larger than the other side. Had them both scanned today along with another set of rads. It's all healing.

Two more weeks in confinement. I've moved her to 24/7 turnout in the tiny dirt yard, as she is sick of the box and it's been quite dry. Then... One month of walking hacks out. Then another scan.

That takes us to early February.

But at least I can sit on my horse on Christmas Day. :)


5 comments:

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Keep your head up. It's no fun but she'll be a stronger horse at the end of it all.

Lisa said...

Thank you so much. I needed to hear that. :)

TeresaA said...

there is a light at the end of the tunnel. honest. Last year I thought I'd have to put my horse down. This winter he's a new beast altogether.

Val said...

And Christmas is around the corner!

Lovely shine on her

OneHindResting said...

You guys will get through this, the good ones are worth it! Hope your back is feeling better soon too!