Wednesday 11 July 2012

Annual Review

So I stole this from Melissa at the Paradigm Farms blog, thought it would be fun to do.

Rate yourself as your horse would rate you on your horse management skills.

Core competencies:

Grooming:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

B - Meets Expectations. Allie is kept clipped and they are both rugged, their hooves picked nearly every day, they are brushed before every ride and sometimes just 'cause. They enjoy being groomed too, Als especially. She even likes having her mane pulled (which reminds me, it IS getting rather long...)

Riding abilities:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

Ugh. This one goes up and down. I think A - Needs Improvement. I definitely need some lessons and to take them more regularly! Canter is killing us at the moment, it ruins the magic of the rest of the schooling ride. :(

On time completion of scheduled activities, farrier, vet, vaccinations, de-worming:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

B - Meets Expectations. I tend to leave their feet untrimmed a bit longer than I would any of my client horses, but only because of the whole trade curse - I could do it any time, so I'll do it tomorrow. Plus I tend to leave them to road trim on occasion! (shhh!).
Vaccs, teeth etc all UTD, but I don't worm as regularly as I should - I don't like just throwing wormer down their throats blindly - fecal egg counts FTW!


Level of endearing comments regarding said equines, both online and in person:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

B - Meets Expectations. I DO love my horse and will talk about her to anyone who will listen but she really is a big doofus and does some pretty stupid things for no god damned reason - this makes me exasperated and I quite often say bad things about her! Whoops...

Stylishness and comfort of transportation rig (trailer / truck):
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

A - I think they would both say Needs Improvement - only because Gracie travels better when the back is closed up and that makes it hot in there - we need to add barn doors and wurly birds.

Number of treats per interaction:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

A! I hardly ever feed treats. Nat always cheats when catching them and takes a little handful of grain to catch them with but I never do. They are lucky to get maybe a carrot each per month! Poor ponies, someone call the RSPCA!

Cleanliness of stables and pastures:
A: Needs improvement
B: Meets expectations
C: Exceeds expectations

Another A I think - I always muck out every day and on sunny days I sweep up the shavings, lay lime down, and leave it to soak it up, but I don't pick up poo in the paddocks - rather I spread it out over their chosen poo areas, and the tie-up outside the stables always requires a good sweep (although I normally do pick up the poo under there!). Another whoops. They don't seem to mind!



Well - looks like I need to pick up my game!!

No comments: